Thursday, February 11, 2010

Ben's Lessons

During a recent snow day (my I point out that there is no snow on the ground? well, maybe just in the shady forest spots), Ben decided to set up a school in his room. (I guess since Carolina Day School isn't providing it for him...) Below is a whiteboard with his topics (and an Osprey photo that my friend Kiliii took).

1. endangered animals
2. how to build an igloo
3. how to dress properly in the winter
4. story time
5. free geography




This next piece was from Ben's actual school. It was a lesson on the Bill of Rights. He has four depicted: freedom of religion, assembly, press, and expression. See below:

1. Religion: "I'm praying." "I'm Athena." Obviously he has his priorities straight about which Goddess is awesome. The kid lives in Asheville, afterall.


2. Assembly: "Yeah" "No more king" "The government stinks"


3. Freedom of the press, "The king stinks"
4. This is freedom of expression. "This is garbage." I'm guessing that this person is reacting to the freedom of the press. Silly Tory.

No comments: