Friday, April 17, 2009

Thirsty Thursday


Roomie, friends, Andy, Ben, and I all went to the Asheville Tourists game last night. They were winning against the Greensboro Grasshoppers when we left.




Everyone stopped for the Star Spangled Banner. It was a little weird... it seemed like many people at the stadium went there just to drink cheap beer with the side-effect of baseball; however, they all stopped and saluted for the national anthem.





Highlights:

Pre-game quick drink at Dirty Jacks.





Hickory Nut Gap Farms hot dogs (local, hey?)





Regular fatty hot dogs (tasty too, hey?)




Cheap beer







Ted E. the mascot, running the bases against a little kid for a Bojangles gift certificate







Two kids in front of us who were talking about the game like they were 50 years old. At one point, I think one said, "Come on! I see better hits in little league." They also told us not to eat their nachos when they went down near the field. We didn't even know them, but they must have seen us eyeing that cheesy treat.
I've been singing Take Me Out to the Ball Game for 20 hours or so now.

1 comment:

Tiny Tin Bird said...

You know Tex went to a ballgame the other night and he brought home a little gift for me: the little plastic Brewers helmet that had once contained his cheese fries. But I think I told you that.