Soon after dinner, T and I we were playing our usual game, Lighty (in which she is a dog named Lighty). I am sometimes Lighty's owner, but often I'm simply the voice and action for Lighty's slow-talking Southern stuffed-animal friend, Bear. (Sass, you might recall Bear's voice from a hound dog that Mom and Dad fostered during Christmas 1999.)
In this episode, Lighty and Bear were at the beach. After Lighty kicked Bear into the ocean (long story), she dove in to save him. They have a complicated relationship. Of course, as she carried him in her mouth, that tooth wiggled right out. Screams, cheers, and testing the new speech with one less tooth ensued.
The next morning, she told her grandmother on the phone, "I lost my tooth when I bit a bear!"
Her grandmother exclaimed, "How great! You lost your tooth in a pear?!"
Of course she answered, "No... I bit a bear!"

1 comment:
Love it! So great to have you over. Thanks for being such a great friend to Tessa!
Post a Comment