Thursday, March 08, 2012

Silver Lining

After underestimating the security line this morning, I missed my flight to Asheville. I WAS there 10 minutes before my flight, but they gave my seat away. I have to admit that I did say one or two bad words (not to the agent, but audibly, and for this I'm not too proud).

After sulking for a minute, I decided to walk it off and headed to the opposite end of the terminal. I found an oasis in a long corridor lined with windows and a Starbucks at the end.

To make myself feel better (drink away my sorrow?) I was happy to get this treat.

I haven't had one since Tempe, AZ in 2002. The cold greenness brought me back to the post yoga bliss of those days. Yoga, avocados, and these drinks were so different from the cave and wilderness where I spent most of my time practicing primitive skills.

Every part of my life is different from those days, but as I sit in this sunny corridor, I am glad to let my mind drift to thoughts of bowdrills and Kundalini.

No comments: