Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Thrush

A few weeks ago Doc mentioned a little brown bird: a wood thrush, I think. He described it by its long tail and I had never seen or noticed one.

Now, as I'm sitting and working on a business plan and looking at questions questions questions, it visits me as it hops around low branches outside.

Connor and Tucker are back asleep; they had been guiltily sulking because they knocked over two plants when guarding the house from someone walking by. Connor is underfoot and Tucker is in Roomie's bed. When we first walked into the house, the dogs looked with sideways glances at each other as if to say, "Yeah, you just stay there and away from Katie." They both think they own me. When they both sit on command, I wonder if they think, "How does HE know that word?" What gives, lady?

They don't bark at the little thrush.

No comments: