Monday, June 30, 2008

Livin' on a Prayer

This morning in the office Roomie was singing, "Oh, we're halfway there. Oh oh! Livin' on a prayer," when she quickly said, "I don't want to be singing Bon Jovi right now."

I had a flashback to around the time of that Meadowbrook '91 photo.

Being from NJ and being so hip (like Blondish, I also sported leggings with my oversized tee shirts and added some wigwam socks thanks to seeing my older sister with that fashion choice), I clearly loved Bon Jovi.

The flashback is audible. Yes, I used a mini recorder to record my voice singing that very song. Yes, I bet I can find that mini tape and play it once again. Yes, I have a high pitch voice and a thick Jersey accent.

2 comments:

Mary M. said...

find and replace "Livin' On a Prayer" and "Bon Jovi" with "The Right Stuff" and "New Kids on The Block," and presto! You have me, instead of you.

I could do the whole dance. Whew, that was a rough gig.

KD said...

oh, my cousins and sister and i had a dance to "step by step. oh baby. step one: we can have lots of fun. step two: there's so much we can do..."