Thursday, June 05, 2008

On absence

For all of you who thought I was writing "on abstinence," you'll have to wait for another post. So much more than the PCE happened at that All Staff celebration, but I'm going to hold off on other details for now. (Those two sentences are unrelated by the way.)

While I was at base, I didn't have my computer (and didn't really want to check email anyway) and my cell phone didn't work. It was refreshing to be away from it all for a couple of days; it reminded me of times when I would be in the field for longer courses. I realized when I was driving back to town and received 14 new messages that I need to get back into the practice of letting family and friends know where I'll be... I got a few messages from different people saying, "It's Friday call me if you want to go out tonight" and then "It's Tuesday. Where are you? Is everything okay?"

I'll have to post about my adventures during the snippets of time when I'm in front of the electronic hum.

No comments: