Friday, October 03, 2008

October

"Things that matter most should never be at the mercy of things that matter least."
--Goethe


It was 38 degrees this morning outside and 34 degrees inside. Some leaves are starting to change and I am considering what clothes I've decided to bring on the river tomorrow.

It is my time of meditation. This month's focus is not as concise as previous months' themes. Instead, we are coming up with an exploration around this question: "What is most important?"

From there, a study about how to prioritize and make decisions. I am experimenting with food choices, how I spend my time, not drinking alcohol for a little while, and who is important to me. Morning sit spots and yoga are also on my mind.

1 comment:

Sally said...

How much do you love the weather change?

How are you doing with "what is the most important?" Intriguing question that most people never ask.

Keep up the self challenge; it's great to read about and apply it to myself.