Tuesday, October 07, 2008

10:28pm

Ahoy.

Instead of all things productive, I find myself looking at others' photo albums on Facebook. It would be fine to look at relevant albums such as an old acquaintance getting married or photos of climbing trips or something; however, when those albums are finished, I stoop to looking at any "friend's" photo album.

Right now, for instance, I'm looking at Meredith's wedding. I have neither any idea who Mer (as I now like to call her) is, nor do I know anyone in the photos. And yet, I'm clicking through smiling bridesmaids and ring bearers. They are beautiful people.

A friend gave me great feedback that I should write about more topical subjects instead of dribble about my life (said much more smoothly, of course). I retorted that I'm too tired, too busy to write about other subjects.

This friend is currently training in Kung Fu, taking anatomy and physiology classes, planning the best music and social events in town, and probably reading some quantum physics book or something. And that's not even getting into his love life!

I felt lame for that excuse when I know that in addition to a productive set of things, this other set:
  • Modern Love
  • facebook
  • blog reading
  • sitting and staring at the blank wall

takes up a chunk of my time.

But who's to say that it's bad to spend time looking at photos of people you don't know? Or stare at the wall? Or write about these lazy activities on a blog post?


I'm not even convincing myself about that last one.
Ahoy, better blog.

1 comment:

Andy said...

and i thought you were going to say something insightful about the debate you scurvy mate