Friday, March 28, 2008

Lyssie and Tex

My college roommate, Alyssa, and her beau, Tex, are coming to town tomorrow evening. Lyssie and I haven't seen each other in about 5 years, but we've been in close touch for the last couple of years; we bonded over break-ups and uncertain career paths. I am so excited.

It's been so long... I hope she recognizes me with my facial tattoos!

In preparation, I've been getting my work done today (and staring out the window).

To me, Lyssie is:
thoughtful
creative and talented
stubborn
funny (although she won't smile at her own jokes)
honest
assertive

Here's some more info:
It is her birthday on Sunday.
She's never been to Asheville.
I've never met Tex.
I still wear the same things I did in college.
She is very hip.

I used to pick fights with her, but I'm afraid that I don't have the same scrappy physique that I had in college... I guess that will top my to do list.

to do:
1. dust off the brass knuckles and do some push ups and sit-ups.
2. wash the sheets
3. buy tuna fish (in case tex is hungry)
4. throw away expired cereals and milk
5. get a map of asheville
6. wrap her birthday present and hide it well.
7. borrow towels from billy's house (you think i'm kidding... i asked if she and tex could bring their own pillows since i only have one. i assured her that we had towels, though...hmm, some beach towels in the basement, i think...)
8. see if bobo is open on sunday
9. get a haircut?
10. pierce my nose again? she missed it the first time around.


I hope it all goes well.

2 comments:

Tiny Tin Bird said...

This made me smile. Especially picturing you doing push-ups and sit-ups with your polished brass knuckles on. Can't wait to see you!

liz kisacky severn said...

Oh sweet; the two of you together again. I can only imagine the adventures ahead... Have a great time.