I got laid off from Outward Bound yesterday. Although I had been joking about getting fired for a few months, it was a little bit of a shock that my position was one of the ones cut. I mean, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm so freakin' cheap and entertaining! At least they aren't going to hire the $80/hour grant writer (at least right now), which puts my mind at ease.
It's funny, actually: although I wasn't working there all that much and today wasn't much different than other days (I'm about to leave for taasc and spent the morning doing some things for taasc, responding to emails, and going for a run), there's a new shine to the day. I actually mailed a transcript request form to my Colby College for boys and girls. I feel like life is pretty good now.
Or, as Alyssa says, "It's good until a couple of pay periods pass by." I adore her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment