Sunday, February 17, 2008

Highlights From The Weekend

1. Swing dancing with a bartender
2. Doing my taxes with J. Ru
2.5 Watching this Obama music video (Yes, we can) by Will.i.am from the Black Eyed Peas:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjXyqcx-mYY
2.75 Laughing on the phone with tinytinbird
3. Working on a grant for Outward Bound
3.81 Looking at postsecret and Modern Love on Sunday
4. "Cleansing" on Saturday night and Sunday morning (actually, that was not fun, but cathartic)
5. Writing letters (oh, whoops, that might not happen)
6. Reading Exit Ghost by Philip Roth
8. Breakfast at 1:30pm on Saturday morning
9. Having a good friend help me while I was cleansing (see number 4)
10. Going to yoga class (whoops, totally forgot)
11. Running the Sunset loop as hard as I could
12. Writing a press release for TAASC
12.99 Buying some books to give as gifts at Malaprops
13. Sending packages to my neices and nephews from the Pirate Captain Morgan (he's marooned on the island of Superheroes and needs their help to get back to his ship... "he" sent them packages to help plan his trip home.
14. Napping
15. Studying.
16. Seeing a hazy circle around the moon
17. Being inspired by my parents, who are going to New Orleans to build houses with the New Orleans Area Habitat For Humanity for a week
18. Reading Gary Snyder. Including this one:


New Moon Tongue

Faint new moon arc, curl
again in the west. Blue eve,
deer-moving dusk.
Purple shade in a plant-realm--
a million years of sniffs,
licks, lip and
reaching tongue



Life in town.

1 comment:

The Roomdog said...

Yo kid, help me out by emailing me a coupleof press releases. I need to teach myself how to write these for work. I also need to write an article about camp but don't knw where to start ( I don't know why this is my job and not developments but I have found I say that a lot here. I remember you used to do something very special on Presidents Day. Do you remember?