Friday, February 15, 2008

Post By 4pm

Dear Reader,

I have been having a full and interesting last couple of days. So I haven't posted. However, I'll have one up by 2:30 or 3ish this afternoon. I put 4pm on the subject line to give myself some space to stretch out my shoulders. My right shoulder is hurting a lot, too. Any ideas for mitigating the ouch?

Sincerely,

KD

** Side note: When the Carolina Day students first had a dress code this year (kahkis or black pants or skirts with a shirt that either has no writing or just "Carolina Day School" embroidery in navy, light blue, yellow, red, or white), they were pissed off. On a bus ride, I suggested they have a sit-in (great idea at a private school that costs something like $15,000 a year). They said they got in trouble for even just having a petition. So I said, "Well, write letters to the principal..." They crafted them aloud on the bus, one at a time. The little 8 year olds had the best ones. They sounded like this (names have been changed for privacy):

Dear Ms. Potts,

I think these uniforms are idiotic and stupid and dumb.

Sincerely,
Caitlin McCormick



Dear Ms. Potts,

I don't like these uniforms. We look terrible.

Sincerely,
Fredrick Jones



Each sounded something like this. I loved that they said, "sincerely" in each one.
I will write a real post this afternoon after hanging with Greg and then one of my favorite babies.

Sincerely,

KD

1 comment:

The Roomdog said...

Come on Katie! I am at work doing your old trick, remember input a card, check email? Only I am writing a brochure and keep pretending to myself I have writers block or something. Awaiting your post!