Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Asheville Has No Gas

This is not an exaggeration to get attention. For some reason, although the rest of the country seems to be taking Sunday drives and using gas-powered leaf blowers, the folks in our town have been spending hours in line to fill up their SUVs and scooters.

Today is the first day of the week that I've had to drive. While I have enough gas to last a couple of days (and hopefully won't have to wait for an hour or more when I have to fill up), I still got stuck in traffic as the cars block entire lanes of the road near the one gas station that was open.

Bicycles, people. Buses, people.

3 comments:

Tiny Tin Bird said...

Is there a problem with the nation's oil supply?

Sally said...

I guess I'm just confused on why Asheville seems to be the only city affected. What the hell kind of cars do they drive there, tanks?

KD said...

yes, we just pretend to be hippies