Sunday, September 07, 2008

Coping Mechanisms

What do people do when they are tired, overwhelmed, or stressed? Some people drink. Some people watch tv. Some people sleep. Some people eat. Some people meditate. Some people exercise.

Right now, after eating goat cheese and crackers, after showering and putting away my TAASC gear, after checking my email, after drinking (not enough) water, I am lying on my bed with the fan on and the windows open. I am caught between knowing that I
have two phone dates this evening,
have to finish some work for Outward Bound,
have a long list of things to do for TAASC,
have a long week ahead and another weekend of work next weekend,
have to organize my files and start some applications,

and the feeling that I just want to lie here. So I'll lie on my bed for just 20 minutes.

1 comment:

KD said...

I know, kid. I am on my way to (gasp) white wine and grapes.