So my teeth ache and it's William Carlos Williams's birthday: Much depends on a red wheelbarrow and all that. I think I brushed too hard.
Roomie and I watched an adventure movie and I thought the search for the City of Gold was too stressful; ironically, Brett and I spoke about the Goonies and exploring yesterday. At first I said that I didn't think I would go, but rather say, "Hey guys, I'll stand watch." But then, thinking that the bad guys might get me, I would say, "Guys, I'm going with you, but I don't think this is such a good idea." Brett agreed and said that he'd bring the extra headlamps, rainjackets, and chapstick. He's prepared. SO adventuring we are going.
Still exploring the ego and on one hand, thinking that the individual is good-- the actions, preferences, beliefs of all individuals combining to make the one energy of the world. That is all atoms are recycled and that being atoms we are energy (thanks, Dr. Dyer or was it that other guy on that motivational dvd?). On the other, the idea in yoga to let go of that ego that thing that separates us from our true "selves" for the artificial illusions of the world. Still, that's hard to explain in an interview... yes, what have I done? Well let's see: because I am part of the Infinite, everything that ever has been done is linked to me in some way. Penicillin? Theory of Relativity? Hamlet and The Odyssey? Yeah, I have that potential, but it's actually a moot point because there is no I.
We're collecting beaterbikes to make betterbikes and I'm learning that you need two tire levers to take a tire off. The BioWheels guys must think I'm absurd. Stickers, tee shirts, and all that jazz to go along with fixing up bikes to donate to people. Excited about the work to come.
For now, just sleep and the real body (instead of the existential one that I left in the yoga studio tonight) to work with for an early run tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment