(I copied that greeting from Wikipedia, it means "A Good a Sweet Year!")
Today is Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish new year. Where I grew up, it meant a day off from school. Here, we don't take the day to rest, but I mentioned it twice to Sweet Sarah today because the idea of a new year and forgiveness have been on my mind this week.
It is easy for me to rush through my days without reflection; to dwell on or deny bad feelings; and to defend my actions (even when I'm not right). So often it is easy to distract myself and not sit quietly in the present.
When I woke up this morning, I thought about early morning sit spots... those meditations when all of the "to dos" of the day are put on hold and the main focus is chickadees or maple leaves. Today I will take a moment or two to throw stones in the river and think about apples and honey. It's a sweet, crisp, new autumn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment