While Roomie, Neighbors and I hung out by the chimnea last night, we chatted about events of the day and I sanded my bow. My good friend Kiliii had made it for me a few years ago, and said that I should finish it. I brought it to Outward Bound, shot up the lid for the fire hose with my blunt tipped homemade arrow, and then didn't use it for years. I am embarrassed to say that I left it after caretaking for the winter, and didn't see it again until a friend brought it to town. I told him, "That looks like my bow!" and he said he found it in a closet.
So now, years later, I'm sanding the part where there was a leather backing (that peeled off and turned into rawhide) and looking to get it restrung. Roomie and I might get some hay bales for the backyard, too.
In my yoga class, the "guru" says to not worry about what your body or mind can do at that moment, but rather take aim (like taking aim when shooting a bow and arrow) and then let go. I'm going to get my bow ready.

2 comments:
Hey, I have much to tell you about resilience and rising again. I meant to tell you that it will be something about which I'll either email you write you. I have been thinking about this much, and the month just ended and I have more to say. I hope to write something up on the plane to Russia, or whilst in Russia, as I will only be teaching two classes. I am looking forward to your conclusions/lessons.
I'll have to get Alex to translate this post for me.
Post a Comment