Monday, May 26, 2008

And that's why we keep hiking

While hiking up a steep hill, the kids around me whined, "Can't we take a breaaak?"

"Not until the gap. Keep hiking." (Ever the compassionate leader.)

A shy boy said, "Well, at least my legs will be huge."

Another kid, "What?"

"You know, the muscles. They'll be like rocket launchers."

3 comments:

Sally said...

Gawd, I wish that kid would come to
She Runs. We have an epidemic of whining, even just with our 5 girls. 4 of the 5 have been struck down by whiny-itis and I'd like them all to SHUT UP NOW!

KD said...

I just say, "Bummer" over and over and over again. For example, "My legs hurt."

bummer

"It's hooooot."

bummer

Sometimes I feel like adding a little, "sucks for you," but that's out of line.

It will get better. They just need to get stronger.

KD said...

(That second complaint was "hot" in a long whine... not hoot as it looks like now.)