Monday, May 05, 2008

Exam Shizam

Just as people do "fun runs" for fun, so too am I doing this GMAT exam for fun.

That's what it comes down to.

Is that a way of saving face? Perhaps, but I have had fun taking a couple of practice exams today. It should follow that the real thing will be a hoot.

Why freak out tomorrow when I'm staring at the computer screen in that sterile room with a whiteboard notebook for scratch paper and the tick tick tick of the ever present little timer on the computer screen? Nothing to stress about. Not one thing. I can always take it again...

One more note: while at Beth and Greg's house, I watched part of Wayne Dyer's PBS talk about the power of intention. I really liked it so I looked in this little Dr. Dyer book of daily reflections that they had in their guest room.

I was flipping through and found a quote something like this, "Don't know what to do? Feeling sorry for yourself? Get off your tookus and do something about it." It's not an exact quote, but I still found it enlightening.

2 comments:

The Roomdog said...

I love Dr Dyer! My favorite quote was when he was asked if he thought of himself as a Guru. He said " You know there's a thin line between a Guru and an asshole."

Sally said...

Perhaps I should look this guy up. Maybe I'm not being intentional enough.

P.S./By the way...It looks like I'm leaving for Russian in a month!!!!!! Intentionally or not!!