Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Burns burns burns like a ring of fire

After I read Lyssie's post today about her obsession with a book that shows burns and lacerations, we spoke briefly about having pencils lodged in cheeks and pitchforks in feet. I told her to take a Wilderness First Responder course because you get to pretend (with real looking blood and burns and stuff) that you are injured. And then you get to bandage them and whatnot.

I also love this stuff. Although I don't want people to get injured-- especially on my courses-- I love the pictures and practice.

As we were talking, I told her about a conversation I overheard in the library last month.

Players: man in mid forties and woman in early twenties... study partners? both taking classes at UNCA

Man (in low baritone): It just burns, you know? It burns like when you get stabbed with a knife, you know?

Woman (wearing gingham or something): No, I don't know about that.

Man: Well, it burns.

1 comment:

Tiny Tin Bird said...

She's obviously young. You really haven't lived until you've gotten stabbed.