Friday, May 09, 2008

Psycho Love

The New York Times has a column called Modern Love that features essays about relationships, love, and lack of love.

I'm addicted to it.

The editors announced a "College Modern Love Essay Contest" in February, and they just published the winner. I was curious until I read the winner's essay.

I guess it's a good essay, but some of the author's examples of "suitors" seemed like unrealistic representations of "typical" college dating. Other than Paul G., I didn't date much in college, though... maybe I dodged the weirdos that appear in people's early 20s.

She did admit that some of them were lunatics. Like the guy who spent hours banging on her door while "covering the peephole until he tired himself out." Uh, I would be a little more than creeped out if that happened. I’d probably move.

Maybe this is the way people date these days.

No comments: