I spy with my little eye something new on the link list. Yes, there's a new link for The New Englander.
While the author of this blog is now a die-hard Yankee Doodle, when we met, we were both more Yankee Middle Atlantic-ers. Jersey, baby. The members of New Englander's posse were perhaps the most intelligent, most arrogant (in a good way), most aloof AP English fans that I had ever met.
They went to a different school, and I seldom went out with them; however, when I did, I loved to hear them make comments and jokes that stupid (or drunk) people didn't get.
I was sort of afraid to talk... but I thought that crew was great!
So when someone told me about this blog, I read it surreptitiously. After I added a comment to one of his posts, I gave up my cover and never looked back.
I like all of the blogs on my link list for different reasons: tiny tin, stupidmommy, and after the roomdogs are hilarious and keep me updated on their lives; I spy on the runners at toots and sally while getting motivation to keep running; and check out the latest thoughts and projects of my fella kiliii through his post. The Satorialist isn't my friend, but I like his photos of outfits.
The New Englander is a little different. I know him, but not well. He seems to always have perfect grammar. No fragments. There aren't any run on sentences that would just go on and on about woe is me and blabber about mundane things like a really good sandwich with bacon or whatnot. (Was that a run-on? I was trying to do one...) He balances politics and personal opinions well. I like that he seems to think; he doesn't simply recite rhetoric.
This post seems a little flimsy next to his, but different strokes for different folks. He went north and I went south. His blog is worth checking out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
kd,
Wow. Thanks for the props. And yes, I claim full "New Englander" status in the same vein that a Manhattan cab driver born in the Indus River Valley is fully "American."
And if the grammar is solid, you know that can only point back to one thing -- a great 12th grade English teacher!
stay militant.
-tne
Post a Comment