So to clarify the bit about the bloody gauze: on a nine-day Outward Bound course last summer, one of our students had some bloody gauze (from her blisters maybe? nothing serious...). She put it in her climbing helmet when she took off her helmet to go to the bathroom. It was gross. We disinfect all of the helmets, so it's all cool if you ever go on an Outward Bound course.
...
One of our students clarified to me this weekend about the Santa Claus situation. She said, "You know, I knew that it was my mom even before I asked her. I could tell by this pretty wrapping paper that she has... and then I asked her and she told me. I mean, what was she going to do, lie to me about it? "
She went on, "I never believed in the Easter Bunny. Who would!? Think about it: some little rabbit bringing candy to you? Get real, lady."
"The only thing that I'm not sure about is the Tooth Fairy because I don't know how my mom could slip $20 under my pillow without me waking up..."
I interjected to exclaim, "Twenty dollars?"
She explained about having to get it pulled at the dentist and a needle in her mouth and how her mom's boyfriend only got 25 cents when he was little (because it could buy a whole lot, back then...). This was all in one long breath.
After this tangent, she added her thoughts about why her mom's boyfriend couldn't be the Tooth Fairy, either. She said, "You know, I always pictured the Tooth Fairy as this dainty little thing. I can't picture him wearing a little tutu."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment