Sunday, January 20, 2008

Munchkins

One of our TAASC students named the group of 8-year old boys, "the munchkins." They have a similar size and tone of voice to those of the Wizard of Oz Munchkins, but they are a bit more spastic.

Four of them scrunch into a 2 person tent; three sleep in a row and one sleeps at their feet. Very cute. They are like puppies wrestling when they tackle each other and the older kids. We are training these puppies to sit and listen when necessary, and they are training us to be crazier when running around and playing.

We camped on an island on a fall canoeing trip to Lake James. Here's a photo of the kids waiting for "seconds" of mac n cheese. I pretended they were orphans in Oliver Twist when they lined up for more food, and insisted that they say, "Please sir, may I have some more?" to Greg. I told them, "Look sad and hungry for the picture!" Here's the result:
Sad, but you can do better.


Before dinner, though, the kids ran around the beach, caught guppies, swam, and set up tents. At some point during this fun, a mop-like dog who was camping with his family on the other side of the island came over to visit. The munchkins darted around with this dog and yelled things like, "Hey Johnny! Look at this!" while trying to impress each other with stunts.

At one point, the "Hey Johnny!" turned into, "Hey Katie! Look at this!" As I turned, he added, "Katie, look how this dog LOVES us! It's hugging my leg!" Of course, the "gg" in "hugging" should be replaced with an "m" and a "p." I chased the dog off of the munchkin and said to him, "Hey, don't let that dog hug your leg anymore."

Here are a couple of other pictures from the trip:


2 comments:

Tiny Tin Bird said...

I like the photo with the canoes.

The Roomdog said...

Yeah C has cone back to Ireland and I am moving to the big apartment in the middle with the loft, where Kim and Dave were when you were here. Your kids look so sunny and fun. I wish it was summer.