Thursday, January 24, 2008

It's a Klingon life for us, It's a Klingon life for us. 'Stead of treated, we get tricked. 'Stead of kisses, we get kicked! It's a Klingon life.

Dear Stacy,

I was looking for a middle english translator online so I could write this post in ME, but they aren't as plentiful as other kinds of translation services. So then I found a Klingon translator, but half of the words that I typed in didn't register (so they were just normal and the message was kind of boring).

Then I tried to type words that I thought they'd know, like "lasers" and "spaceships" and "humanoids," but no luck. The Klingon Language Institute is pretty neat looking, though. Maybe I'll check it out more when I've the time. Here are some phrases from the website:
nuqjatlh? (Huh?)
nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e' (Where is the bathroom?)
Hab SoSlI' Quch! (Your mother has a smooth forehead. Note: this is a powerful insult; don't say it to friends.)
bIjatlh 'e' yImev (Shut up!)
Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam (today is a good day to die).

Boy, they really don't mince words.

Talk with you soon.

Love,
Katie

PS
Here's an interesting fact from Wikipedia about Klingon:
"Klingon reproduction proceedures are said to be very violent. Often involving lots of wrestling, throwing about the room, and other violent activities. Sex, like many things in Klingon life, is a battle."

5 comments:

Sally said...

Oh, shit. Jody's gonna laugh his ass off at this one.

Tiny Tin Bird said...

Who's Stacy?

KD said...

She's my good friend from the Outward Bound course I took in way back in 2003.

Sally said...

I'm going by Sally here. I'm incognito. Kinda.

KD said...

Sorry about that, Sal. By the by, is your picture an avatar? There's a boy I know named Avatar.