The Freewill Astrology column in the Mountain Xpress said that as a Leo, I'll have little secrets slipped to me this week. Also, that the "Divine Wow" will be listening to me more carefully than others.
Sucks for all of you who aren't lions or lionesses.
Just kidding; it also says that I should use these gifts to help people in need. So I want to share a little secret that was slipped to me after I read that.
I was washing the dishes when (all of a sudden!) I started singing the theme from The Facts of Life. For all of you who scoff, "I never watched tv when growing up."
I reply, "Sucks for you... you must not be a lioness like me." And then I take a breath and remind myself that I am here to teach you, not scorn you.
So here are the lyrics:
(By Alan Thicke, Gloria Loring, and Al Burton)
Seasons 2-5 You take the good, you take the bad,
you take them both and there you have
The Facts of Life, the Facts of Life.
There's a time you got to go and show
You're growin' now you know about
The Facts of Life, the Facts of Life.
When the world never seems
to be livin up to your dreams
And suddenly you're finding out
the Facts of Life are all about you, you. (all about you)
It takes a lot to get 'em right
When you're learning the Facts of Life. (learning the Facts of Life)
Learning the Facts of Life (learning the Facts of Life)
Learning the Facts of Life.
One interesting thing: the first season had a different set of lyrics with a line about "When the boys you used to hate you date, I guess you best investigate the facts of life..." That season's lyrics didn't come to me at the sink.
So take these words and apply them to your life. Go forth and do great things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
As you would say - man alive. Definitely learnin' the facts of life here in med school...and now I'll have the theme song in my head while I do it! XOXO
Post a Comment