Monday, April 28, 2008

Recap

AAAAAh. That's a wild, guttural call from the UNCA library. Working on grants. If anyone wants to donate to North Carolina Outward Bound or Asheville TAASC, feel free to let me know.
This little writing is a good reminder. It's like this blog post that I really liked... about what differentiates lucky people from unlucky ones. Obviously there are other factors that go into "luck" than the quote in this post, but I thought it was fitting.
................
I have 1/2 a week to fully show up for the month's assignment. I guess like stupidmommy commented on my last post, I can still have questions even after 1000 posts. By extension, I guess I can still "show up" after April...
................
This comment about "show up" seems to fit recently, too:
..............................
"If it scares you, makes you anxious, if it isn’t as comfortable as the couch might feel, if you’re not sure if you should say it, if you’re tired, if you’re not sure if you’re competent or qualified, if you’re not sure it’ll work out, if you’re not sure they’ll like you, if you’re not sure if you’re coming down with a cold, if the weather sucks…show up. Honestly, I think that may answer all of your questions."
......
Even though I know the tough lessons are important, I still want to curl up in a fetal position and hug myself like we do at the end of some yoga classes. I love that part of class. I guess I need to come out of that position, though; the achy times are when I need to show up.
..............
Show up and stand up.
.....................
It's good to have friends and pepsters in my life.

3 comments:

Deb Abramson said...

Oops. Actually, that was me posting from his computer--and totally NOT paying attention.

But just for the record, he thinks you're awesome too.

KD said...

I think you are awesome, too. I thought it was you, but had to give the benefit of the screen name. Thank you for being you and for those words. I appreciate your perspective.

Sally said...

Show up has been a recurrent theme for me, too. I've been wanting to Not Show Up for a while now. Your comments are much appreciated on our tiny little blog. Keep it up, Miss Katie. Show up when you need to, and when the world need you to, not when you feel obligated.