In this post last week, I mentioned how my horoscope said that I'd learn some major lessons as if I were having a private g-chat with the big G.
The advice that I gave one of my TAASC buddies is what I think I needed to say outloud for myself. Roomie, introducingSweetSarah, and Lyssie all gave me this advice and it seems to circle around and around. It was strange to say it to a ten year old. Here it is:
"You can choose where your boundaries are, how you define friendship, what kind of person you want to be. You have that power in your life. You can't change other people or their behaviors, you can just tell them how you feel and make a decision to change your patterns with them."
He had some tears that didn't well over.
My voice did not quiver.
*****
There are another couple of lessons... I'm still figuring out what other words need to be said outloud.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment